The 60,000 BTU/H (17.6 kW) Improved Environment Control Unit (IECU) establishes a new level of environmental control for soft-wall and rigid-wall shelters, trailers, and fixed facilities. Using environmentally acceptable refrigerant, scroll compressor technology, and microchannel coils results in substantial weight reduction compared to existing designs. For field applications, inrush current reduction permits reduced generator sizing compared to other similar environmental control units. Simplified electronics and embedded diagnostics capability also reduce maintenance requirements.
HDT also developed a reduced height with added Heat Pump capability version of the US Army 60K Improved Environmental Control Unit (IECU) designated SM60K IECU. This unit accommodates customers needing to stack two ECUs for loading into standard tricon shipping containers, as well as additional heating capability from the heat pump feature.
- Environmentally acceptable refrigerants
- Fully operational with 14 kW or higher generator sets
- CBRN compatible
- Full military qualification program
- Reliability testing
- Performance testing
- Environmental testing
- Military-grade technical manuals available
- SM60K IECU has 67K BTU/H (19/6kW) additional heat capability via the heat pump feature
- SM60K IECU is 4″ shorter than Army’s program-of-record 60K IECU
- SM60K has smaller volume to load 12 ECUs to a 463L pallet and 8 ECUs to a TRICON