HDT’s EEECU-M18 SEL, Energy Efficient Environmental Control Unit (EEECU), is differentiated from the EEECU M18 Basic unit with its full onboard microprocessor-based diagnostics capability. This feature provides superheat, sub-cooling, operating pressure and temperature information to the technician. The EEECU-M18 SEL is designed for operation in severe environments, providing outstanding performance even when subjected to rough handling, sand, dust, rain, snow, or extreme heat. Whether positioned on the ground outside an expeditionary shelter or trailer mounted for portability, the EEECU-M18 SEL is qualified for operation in temperatures ranging from -50°F to 130°F (-45.6°C to 54.4°C). The unit features onboard storage of two 10′ (3 m) long flexible air ducts and a 33′ (10 m) long power cord simplifying the EEECU-M18 SEL set-up and teardown processes.
- Operator controls offer OFF/COOL/HEAT/VENT operating modes and a manually adjustable thermostat. An optional remote cable is available. Power quality features are readily accessible, and a power quality analyzer is embedded in the control panel to prevent operation during poor power quality or phase reversal conditions. Resettable circuit breakers are provided for the main power, control and fan circuits.
- Corrosion-resistant, powder coated aluminum frame, optional CARC coating available
- One horsepower (746 W) evaporator/heater blower operates at low speed while in the heating mode
- Reliable, energy efficient Copeland Hermetic Scroll Compressor
- Compressor inrush control limits peak starting current
- Hot-gas-bypass valve provides freeze protection during low load conditions
- Liquid Quench valve provides compressor cooling during high ambient operation
- Fin-Tube designed evaporator coil with epoxy coating for corrosion protection
- Incline operation 10° from horizontal any direction
- Lightweight all-aluminum micro-channel condenser coil with 14-fins per inch (1.8 mm pitch) allows sand, dust and organic materials to pass-thru the fins
- Washable/cleanable evaporator air filter
- CBRN (NBC) ready with use of the optional ducts and adapter kit