FFA400-426 Positive Pressure CBRN Filtration System
HDT's FFA400-400 is the third generation of the FFA400-100. It is a compact, all-weather, positive-pressure CBRN filtration system. The FFA400-400 provides up to 400-cfm of clean, safe, breathable air for mobile (trailer-mounted) and permanent hard-wall shelters for applications such as command, communications or medical.
- Lightweight: 100 lbs., 45 kg. and ~180 lbs., 68 kg. with filters
- Designed for fixed-mount and permanent installations on fixed facilities, mobile or transportable applications
- Built-in internal particle separator to extend filter life
- A variable-speed motor control maintains constant flow output
- Employs 2 standard M98, Gas and Particulate filter sets
- Allows for independent HEPA (particulate) filter replacement
- Quick, tool-free filter replacement
- Includes mountable, enclosed remote control
- Quiet operation, under 70 dba
This product includes a filter housing with variable-speed motor blower and integrated captured fasteners on a mounting cradle. The filter housing includes an integrated internal particle separator with two ejection ports. The filter housing hosts two M98, 200-cfm (340-m3/h) particulate/gas filter sets, which comply with STANAG4447 for filtering the air. The unit will also accommodate the HF200's filter set.
The variable-speed motor blower is mounted internally to the filter housing. The motor speed is varied electronically by the motor control unit (MCU) to maintain constant flow (400±20-cfm, 680±34-m3/h) as the filters get loaded. The MCU could be mounted inside or outside the toxic-free area (TFA).
The system is equipped with a mountable remote control, which includes the On/Off switches and system performance indicator, as well as fault conditions. The remote control is mounted in an enclosure NEMA 4 rated and can be mounted either outside or inside the shelter. The remote control can be daisy-chained to additional operational remote controls or an optional handheld remote.
The FFA400-426 is the U.S. version of the FFA400 designed to operate with 208 Vac, 60 Hz, 3 phases power supply. A European version operating on 240 Vac, 50 Hz, single phase power supply (FFA400-4251) is also available.