HDT’s electric and diesel powered air conditioners provide the U.S. military critical flight line support capability in the challenging environment found in forward-operating air fields.
HDT’s mobile, ground support flight line air conditioners provide general purpose air conditioning to personnel and aircraft avionics during maintenance and also cool shelters, portable hangers and other similar enclosures. Self-contained and portable, these units are driven by electric motors that can operate on various power supplies or by diesel engines. These units are easily transportable to new locations and quickly set into operation.
Designed for optimum reliability and built to meet ruggedness requirements for military service, these units offer fast, consistent air-conditioning with a minimum amount of maintenance. These air conditioners support the latest U.S. military aircraft including the F-35, F-16, F-15, F-18, EA-6B, E-2C/D, AV-8B, and many special mission and UAV platforms.
- Developed to U.S. Navy rugged requirements
- High 6.0 psig pressure delivery required by fighter aircraft
- Achieves the rated cooling capacity in operational environments up to 140°F (60°C)
- External control panel for Airflow rates and discharge air temperatures selection
- Weather-tight doors provide complete access to internal controls and serviceable parts
- Air supply ducts and the electrical power supply cable are stored
- Small Variant Air Conditioners (SVAC)
- Smallest profile for the capability
- Low current draw of 100 amps
- Lightweight 4,000 lbs (1,815 kg)
- High airflow up to 120 lb/min (54.4 kg/min)
- 140°F (60°C) operation temperature
- Large Variant Air Conditioners (LVAC)
- High 140°F (60°C) operation temperature
- High airflow up to 145 lb/min (65.8 kg/min)
- Both self-powered diesel or electric powered