Developed in conjunction with Special Operations Forces, the HDT Sword ITV (Internally Transportable Vehicle) is a light-weight tactical vehicle that facilitates mission success in austere environments. The HDT Sword ITV ensures mission range, provides multi-role configurations, and can be transported internally by V-22, M/HC- 130P/N/J, C-130/C-130J, KC-130J and C-17 fixed wing aircraft as well as the CH-47 and CH-53 helicopters. And to further enhance mission capability, the vehicle can drive on and drive off these aircraft without shoring and can be deployed through low velocity aerial delivery or JPADS methods.
- High performance 230 hp mid-engine design operating on low sulfur JP8/diesel to provide ultimate performance, maneuverability and versatility
- Long travel suspension and optimized approach and departure angles
- Carries up to four litters, in rollover protection system (ROP)
- Performs at 10,000' (3,048 m) above mean sea level with higher horsepower levels than competitive vehicles offer at sea level
- Traverses terrain considered impassable to conventional vehicles, including vertical rock terrain
- Rollover safety for all occupants without limiting mission operational performance
- Extreme maneuverability in rugged environments
- Rapid evasive maneuverability in confined spaces
You can see videos of the HDT Sword ITV in action on our video page.