HDT’s dual 35 kW load share shelter support trailer system consists of two 35 kW 120/208-Volts AC, 3-Phase, 60 Hz diesel engine generators (DEG) with a built in load bank, and one power distribution unit (PDU). The system meets the Military Transportation Management Command (MTMC) standard for internal/external airlift and accommodates load ramp departure angles to prevent damage to the vehicle, aircraft or tarmac in accordance with the requirements of DH-1-11, Design Note DN 5A2. The trailer system is roll on/roll-off capable for internal transport by C-5, C-17, C-130 or C-141 aircraft and two point helicopter external lift by CH-47 and CH-53 without spreader bar.
This system has the capability to synchronize both 35 kW generators allowing the units to operate at the same time. The system can produce 70 kW of power, or can be deployed in situations where redundant power is required. Loads being supported by this system will be equally spread between the two 35 kW generators. Should one generator shutdown the entire load will be transferred automatically to the functioning generator with no interruption of power.
- Load sharing parallel operation
- Hot swappable
- Two automatic 10 kW load banks
- Automatic load shedding of load banks when full power required
- Operating environment: -40°F to 125°F (-40°C to 51.7°C)
- Noise level: less than 70 dB at 25' (7.62 m)
- 55 gallon (208.2 liter) fuel tank
- Fuel requirements: Diesel, DL1, DL2, JP5 JP8
- Wheels interchangeable with HMMWV
- 15.5" (39.4 kg) minimum ground clearance
- Automatic shut-down and indicators for high coolant temperature, low oil pressure, overspeed, reverse power
- Includes preventative maintenance spare parts of four air filter, four fuel filters, six oil filters
- Optional composite run flats
- Optional dual wall fuel tank