The HDT Containerized Ice Making System (CIMS) is a tricon style, containerized ice plant that makes 1,800 pounds (816.5 kg) of ice per day at 130°F (54.4°C) ambient conditions. The system generates ice, bags the ice, seals the bags, and stores from 30 to 60 ten-pound (4.5 kg) bags internally. The CIMS is ideal for battlefield kitchen/field feeding and medical applications for all services, as well as humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts.
- Generates 1,800 lbs (816.5 kg) of ice per day at 130°F (54.4°C) ambient and high incoming water temperatures
- Fully automated system makes ice, bags the ice, seals the bags, stores the bags internally and stops when full
- Transportable by five-ton and larger trucks, ship, rail, and aircraft (both fixed and rotary wing)
- Moveable with standard material handling equipment
- Supports Army Force Provider, Air Force Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources (BEAR), field feeding and medical elements for all services, humanitarian aid, and disaster relief efforts
- Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) panel assists in operation and maintenance