Based on an Alaskan design proven in the Arctic and Antarctic over the last 15 years, HDT’s ArctiX Ahkio Sled is constructed of UV resistant, Ultra High Molecule Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene construction to be flexible and durable in the most extreme Arctic environments. The hinged design on the front and the back of the sled offers flexibility and allows for field repair not found on molded sleds.
The ArctiX Ahkio Sled features a wider base, additional lead connections, and load locking straps, to ensure sled stability. The HDT ArctiX Ahkio Sled offers an increased cargo capacity allowing the warfighter to manage off-loading any tier two supplies into the ahkio sled.
- Three UHMW runners for increased traction and stability on side slopes, while providing minimal drag
- Increased cargo volume
- Wider stance / lower center of gravity for increased stability
- Cordura fabric enclosure offers a durable, snag resistant, fire retardant, and cold weather rated enclosure
- Rated for operational use to -60°F (-51°C)
- Increased safety
- Rugged design allows for sling load transport