Adroit actuators are modular, self-contained units. Everything is in a single waterproof housing, including the drive electronics.
HDT’s largest Adroit Actuator is smaller than a can of soda, has 120 Nm (90 ft-lbs) of torque, and a top speed of 240° per second. It weighs less than 1.3 kg (3 lbs) including the brushless motor, gearing, control electronics, housing, and connectors. The actuator is packaged in an environmentally-sealed, rugged housing.
- The performance of HDT Adroit actuators (based on their weight and the torque and speed they produce) is much greater than other commercially available actuators
- The control electronics in each actuator operates in a 500 Hz closed loop, and accepts outside commands at up to 50 Hz
- HDT Adroit actuators can be driven in position, velocity, and force mode, with full control over the actuator’s impedance
- True force is measured using multiple strain gauges, rather than attempting to rely on motor currents
- Absolute position of the actuator at the output is measured, around any backlash in the gearing, which is generally less than 1°
- HDT Adroit actuators have continuous rotation, with through-actuator wiring. Power, CANbus, and gigabit Ethernet run through each actuator.
- HDT Adroit actuators are completely modular and can be assembled together in any configuration
|Adroit Rotary Actuators|