HDT’s A20 Heater is a dual output unit with the heat level selectable between 60,000 BTU/H (17.5 kW) and 30,000 BTU/H (8.79kW). The High/Low switch on the optional remote control box or vehicle master panel controls the heat output. The A20 was developed for the United States Army Tank-Automotive Armaments Command (TACOM) to meet rugged military requirements with improved safety, performance and value. The heater’s multiple fuel options include DF1, DF2, DFA and JP8. Combustion air intake can be taken from outside the heated compartment, and the exhaust gases are expelled outside the heated area for complete isolation of the combustion and ventilating air.
- A20 usage is primarily for crew compartments of armored vehicles, but many other application areas have been identified, including heating the enclosed cargo area of the 5 ton FMTV. The 38 lbs (17.2 kg) weight and compact 28" (71.1 cm) length make the portable version easy to handle. The heater is user-friendly with self diagnostics and remote fault-signaling.
- Microprocessor controlled
- Qualified to MIL-PRF-62550
- Advanced multi-fuel combustion
- Fully automatic – no adjustable settings
- Manufactured to IS0-9000 standards
- Continuous safety monitoring